I love Sundays. Usually I'll give tuition in the morning and the rest of it is best reserved for brunch/ family gathering/ baking experiments....(& studying) except when I re-open order taking during the holidays, because most cake orders falls on weekends! Here you go, life of a baker/ cake artist. heh :) I'm actually counting down to the end of my exams...5 more weeks and I'll be done with school! :O This semester sure flies. I'm pretty looking forward to the journey ahead, but I'm also afraid at the same time.
When I step into Macdonalds, most of the time my eyes will be set on pancakes. And if I'm feeling like a monster that day, one more sausage it shall go in. Pancakes are the kind of breakfast I long look forward to, completed with a cup of good quality coffee, of course over good company and laughters. What's good food without all these?!
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
(Makes 6-7 six inch pancakes)
1 cup flour (can be whole wheat/ spelt/ oatmeal..etc etc)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup Greek Yogurt, stirred
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp milk (You may use non diary milk, i.e. nut milk)
Sliced strawberries (depends on how much you like)
Greek Yogurt (for topping and spreading)
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; whisk together.
- In a separate bowl combine Greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla, eggs and milk; whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine, do not over mix the batter (it should be slightly lumpy).
- Heat your pan over medium heat. Spray some cooking oil spray.
- Once pan is hot, scoop 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, spreading slightly into a circle. Once the pancake starts to bubble slightly, carefully flip it over and cook for an additional minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with sliced strawberries and greek yogurt. Enjoy!
*My toppings are strawberries, banana & some crushed almonds.